Following the successful OpenSSL 2023 face-to-face conference, OpenSSL has produced a draft mission & values statement. Once finalised, we intend to realign all activities of the project to ensure they reflect our agreed mission and values. Before doing so however, we would like to obtain feedback on this statement from the public, to ensure it represents all of our communities. By offering us your feedback, you will help us to ensure the OpenSSL project is run in a way that reflects the values of all of our users.
Please ensure you submit your feedback by 14th April 2023.
You can provide us with feedback either by:
- Filling in this feedback form, or
- Emailing your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your feedback.
- Anton Arapov
- Matt Caswell
- Mark Cox
- Paul Dale
- Tamara Dale
- Tim Hudson
- Hugo Landau
- Richard Levitte
- Ales Marecek
- Tomas Mraz
Draft Mission Statement
We believe everyone should have access to security and privacy tools, whoever they are, wherever they are or whatever their personal beliefs are, as a fundamental human right.
- We believe all our communities are important.
- We believe in the principles of open source software, not only for its inherent values but also for the transparency and accountability it provides to our security and privacy tools.
- We believe in behaving in a manner that fosters trust and confidence.
- We believe that our governance and output should be transparent and open.
- We believe that no Government, Organisation or Individual should have undue influence over the delivery of our mission.