This document is the OpenSSL project roadmap. It is a living document and is expected to change over time. Objectives and dates should be considered aspirational.
Some of these objectives can be achieved more easily and quickly than others.
Interoperable implementation of client and server side of the protocol (Timescale: Next feature release - 1.1.1)
Updated cryptographic module (Timescale: Next feature release - after 1.1.1)
- Manage all newly submitted issues in a timely manner. An initial classification occurs within two weeks. (Timescale: Now)
- Reduce over time the existing issues backlog. This may include the mass closure of very old tickets, such as those raised before the release of any currently supported version. (Timescale: Ongoing)
- All new public API will be documented (Timescale: Now).
- Provide improved documentation for all of the public SSL APIs (excluding deprecated APIs) (Timescale: Within one year).
- 67% coverage as measured by Coveralls (Timescale: Within one year).
- Significantly improved TLS protocol-level testing (Timescale: Next feature release).
- Classify all the platforms known by Configure according to the platform policy (Timescale: Next feature release)
- Publish the build and test status for each platform (Timescale: Next feature release)