In addition to community support, OpenSSL Software Services offers three different types of support contract. If you have specific requirements not addressed by any of these plans, or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss custom arrangements.
Please see the list of definitions at the bottom of the page for the definitions used below.
- Premium Enterprise Level Support
- Designed for the large enterprise utilising OpenSSL extensively in product lines or critical infrastructure.
- Vendor Support
- Designed for organisations requiring support of product lines using OpenSSL or for customised in-house versions of OpenSSL.
- Basic Support
- Basic technical support for application development shops or end users.
- A custom support contract designed to meet the needs of a specific Enterprise customer
- Includes extended support for the immediately previous LTS release beyond the public EOL date for that release
- Exact costs will depend on the terms of the agreed support contract
The premium support plan is intended for the large enterprise using OpenSSL as an essential component of multiple products or product lines or in support of in-house or commercially provided services. The typical large enterprise customer has a capable in-house technical staff but still finds it cost-effective to engage OpenSSL authors and maintainers directly.
- Email response
- Limit of four Service Requests per month
- Patch preparation
- Two Support Administrators
This plan is designed for the medium enterprise using OpenSSL for a single product or product line. The prospective Vendor Level Support customer has a proficient technical staff but no specific expertise in cryptography or OpenSSL.
- Email response
- Limit of one Service Requests per month
- One Support Administrator
This plan is designed for the medium to small enterprise relying on standard OpenSSL for significant products or services and lacking internal resources for effectively addressing all operational and application development issues.
- Patch Preparation
- The preparation of a patch changeset from existing changes committed to the OpenSSL source code repository.
- Service Request
- A specific request for support initiated by a Support Administrator and assigned a service request number by the OSF.
- Support Administrator
- An individual designated by the customer to submit requests for technical support to the OSF. The number of individuals that can be designated as support administrators varies with the support plan option. The support administrator may be a Customer Contact in the context of a specific Service Request, or may designate a Customer Contact for Service Requests.